Please take a moment to review our new COVID-19 Patient and Staff Safety procedures below.
Dear Health Plus Dental Patients
At Health Plus Dental Centre, we know that COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us and with the shut down of dentistry we understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care.
We deeply appreciate your understanding while we were closed to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are excited to announce that we reopened our office for dental treatments including hygiene on June 01 (as of now hygiene treatments will be provided by dentists, and we will announce later when hygienists are back).
Our hours of operation will be:
- Monday: 7:30-3:30
- Tuesday: 7:30-3:30
- Wednesday: 11-7
- Thursday: 7:30-3:30
- Friday: 11-7
- Saturday: 8-4
- Sunday closed
Your health and well being continue to be our highest priority as we carefully prepare and update our practice procedures, as well as train our dental team to do all that we can to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our patients and team members. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation the following process is to provide a safe dental treatment experience including, but are not limited to, the following:
Before Your Appointment
You will be emailed the intake screening forms to review, answer and sign.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please wait in your car or outside the office until your scheduled appointment time.
- The office will phone/text you when we are ready to do your screening. Your screening will be reviewed BEFORE entering the office.
- We will be taking your temperature.
- We will be increasing interval between patients to allow enough disinfecting time and limiting the number of patients in the waiting room.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We will suspend our coffee station, no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so force since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- Note – Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- Our operatories have external oral suction units and purification units.
- Our office follows guidelines set forth by the Alberta Dental Association and College (ADA&C), Health Canada, and the Canadian Centre For Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
- The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- During patient care appropriate masks, face shields and gloves will be worn by clinical staff.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk will be wiped with a medical-grade disinfectant.
- We will offer credit or debit payment upon completion at the front desk.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time!
We know the new protocols may seem inconvenient. But they are in place for your safety and ours.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you from the Team at Health Plus Dental Centre!
Online Client Reviews
I am writing this review after 1 year I had my appointments here. Dr. Chen is very patient personal did the fillings and going to do the bridge for me. He did excellent work and explain a lot for what I need.E
The new dental hygienist Kerri was the most comfortable cleaning I have had. She took a lot of care with my reflex issues and not once complained.T
Dr. Chen is AMAZING professional. He never does unnecessary tests, clearly understands what and why he is doing. Everything is being done very fast and absolutely perfect. Clinic is neat and clean. Front desk is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this clinic despite it might mean longer waiting time for me .V
My entire family has been with the team at Health Plus Dental for over 15 years. They are all top tier and I fully recommend for Kids and Adults alike!J
Dr. Nii Ayi and his staff are all friendly and great at what they do. They want the best for your dental health and I would recommend their services to anyone.M